Kortman Electric accepts applications for qualified electricians. Our goal is to field the best team of people possible. Employees are recruited and evaluated based on three key elements:
- Attitude - An open-minded "can do" mind set is invaluable. Positive energetic individuals with a drive to achieve are prized. Employees are expected to work as part of a team and to perform reflecting the company's mission and values.
- Attendance - Reliable on-time presence is crucial for success. The schedule of today's projects is tighter than ever and we need to count on our people to be there consistently.
- Ability - Electricians, from green apprentice to seasoned journeyman, are valued on their technical ability, efficiency, experience and knowledge. We recognize the ability to learn and improve at any level as an excellent quality.
Kortman Electric is a great place to work. We offer:
- Competitive wages with available direct deposit
- Health Benefits including medical and dental insurance
- Supplemental Insurance availability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Corporate Chaplain Program - for employee and family
- Employee Assistance Program - for employee and family
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Educational training opportunities
- Tool purchase assistance program
- Uniforms & Hard Hat / Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) package provided
Kortman Electric strives to provide a positive work environment. Some of our in place ideals include:
- Focus on Safety - The company desires all employees to return home to their families in the same condition they left. The Safety Department regularly reviews the job-site conditions, equipment and work practices. They perform the necessary follow-up, repairs and training as needed.
- Drugs Don't Work - We are committed to having and maintaining a drug-free workplace for the safety and health of employees and all those that come in contact with our worksite, products and services.
- Equipment and Materials - Our employees have the proper tools and materials to perform their jobs. Through effective material and asset management, prefabrication and preventative maintenance, the frustration of performing tasks without the necessary items is eliminated.
- Management Team - Our leaders our continually trained, organized professionals.
- Zero Tolerance - Each member of our team is assured of a workplace free of harassment and discrimination.
- Promotion from within - Through education and experience, our employees are encouraged to grow within the organization. Most of our foremen have risen through the ranks. Many of the management staff members are long term, ex-field employees.
Applications can be obtained and completed at the main office weekdays from 8am - 4 pm:
If you would like further information via email, contact our labor management department at:
Kortman Electric is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected group status under federal, state or local law.
In filling vacancies, Kortman Electric gives preferences as follows: 1) Current Employees; 2) Past employees with proven safety, attendance and work records; 3) Applicants recommended by current employees and or supervisors; 4) Applicants recommended by a fellow member of a professional organization; 5) Applicants with work experience in the market area where the vacancy exists; 6) Unknowns
All applicants will be required to complete an employment application form. Applicants may be screened and their references contacted before being considered for employment. Items and topics, which may be reviewed during the screening process include: the application form, education and work experience, prior work history, references, applicants ability to lawfully work in the United States and drivers license. All applicants who have received conditional offers of employment with the company will be required to undergo drug testing as a condition of employment.
Completion of an employment application and any other company documents do not constitute a contract of employment and that if hired; the company may terminate my employment at any time. Policies and benefits mentioned are governed by the current Kortman Electric, Inc. Employee Handbook and are subject to revision with or without notice.
Recent NewsWelcome Steve Land: Service Manager We are proud to announce that Mr. Stephen Land has joined the Kortman Electric team. Steve brings nearly 30 years of skilled electrical experience to his new role leading our outstanding Service Department. Steve's strong background in project management, design-build,... READ MORE
Licenses(AZ) L-11 070980
(AZ) A-17 127091
(AZ) C-11 097274
(NM) EE98 369433
SBE Certified Electrical Contractor